Sunday 6 February 2011

AND THEN HE CAME
Telephoto (200mm)

AND THEN HE CAME

18ºC (64.4ºF) in February?! I took a bike and went to the nearest lake. It felt like a "landscape" day but all I got was a bunch of dull, flat and boring images. The air was smoggy enough to violate even the most liberal health standards. On my way home I stopped at the pâtisserie for a coffee, thinking about how I'll end up shooting an "abstract" in the evening. And then he came!

Sorry for being bizarre today but "bird is the word" - here's The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird, "the deepest and most meaningful song in the world" (stolen from Youtube comments). And just in case, alt1, alt2 and live version from the Amsterdam revival. :)

10 comments:

  1. Still laughing! I was absolutely not prepared for the song! Wonderful clear photo with all those beiges. That little pâtisserie sounds just like the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song totally took me by surprise. Not your usual style.

    Love this little bird, and the DoF separation from the background is superb! Crisp sharp clarity on the subject works very well too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a handsome looking sparrow he is too. Nice dof. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little birdie! He's so clear and right here. I have no idea what a pâtisserie is, but it sounds like a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful clarity and the related colors are rich. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute bird.

    Jarun? That's where me and my family had a minimeet with Tomi last summer... while you were somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photo, and cool composition. It's a pity so much is in focus and the tail is not. I would have gone with a wider DoF for this shot, or narrower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pâtisserie? Oh, I wonder now where you are, as not in Quebec or France with that warm weather.

    The bird is wonderful. So sharp and close, at first I thought it might be a stuffed bird but upon closer inspection, it's simply just a really great shot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice of the little fella to come and save the day :) MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete